VISION & MISSiON
Coreon GmbH is a European software company founded in 2012 to unify terminology and knowledge management. Coreon is a management owned company, headquartered in Berlin and has its core development team in Athens. Coreon is providing its innovative SaaS solution to innovative global champions, modern public institutions, and fast growing start-ups.
Our vision is to become the organization-wide multilingual semantic information infrastructure for companies and public bodies.
Our mission is to make it as easy as possible for subject matter experts to curate multilingual knowledge and for machines to consume it.
The founders of Coreon enjoy an extensive background in natural language processing, localization, and terminology management. Through our experience in developing the leading applications in these fields, we recognized a sad limitation: the valuable linguistic assets and embedded knowledge are utilized for translation purposes only.
Our research revealed two challenges: terminology management becomes quickly disorganized and ineffective without an underlying knowledge structure and knowledge management tends to be constrained within narrow and national boundaries and lack the diversity of terms across multiple languages and forms.
Motivated by these insights, we pioneered the concept of a Multilingual Knowledge System (MKS). We decided to bring this innovative system to the market as a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, aiming to bridge these gaps and unlock the full potential of linguistic and knowledge assets on a global scale.
We still have a long way to go to make our vision to become true. While we progress every day on our mission to deliver the best Multilingual Knowledge System available, enterprises are struggling with unstructured content. The lack of interoperability and multilingual capabilities is a significant hurdle for data-centric organizations.
Since LLMs are accessible for everybody, manufacturers are starting to recognize that language is as crucial an asset as the data entered into their ERP systems. Similarly, governments are beginning to understand the transformative potential of AI in accelerating digitalization and addressing workforce shortages due to demographic changes.
Coreon will do its part to make multilingual AI successful by providing the tools and know-how to complement LLMs with well curated domain and company-specific knowledge. With our language agnostic solution architectures enterprises will thrive and institutions deliver in this dynamic era of Generative AI.
Jochen is a well-known, internationally experienced software executive, serial entrepreneur, and business angel. Jochen has a software development background and grew his first company, TRADOS, to become the world leader in translation memory and terminology software.
His role is to build a global company, drive innovation, ensure operational excellence, and to work with his huge international business network.
Michael has a deep know-how of multilingual problem solving and long term experience in product management. Michael was for years product manager of TRADOS MultiTerm. He is an active contributor to the ISO TC37/SC3 and DIN NA 105 standards.
He focuses on everything product by leveraging his long term experience in team and product management, standardization, and problem solving.
Lambros passion is language technology, analyzing technical requirements, and architecting solutions and systems. Lambros has a PhD in Computer Science/Statistical Methods in Natural Language Processing.
He brings decades of experience in solving NLP challenges, team management, and development of beyond state of the art software.
Gudrun has been active in the field of Language Technology with a focus on knowledge structures since 1985. She brings unique experiences in data driven multilingual software and deployment in any context.
She brings the team a passionately innovative and strategic mindset, entrepreneurial spirit, and a long term experience in marketing to global enterprises and institutions.
Work with us
We are looking for a software engineer to strengthen our development team. You will work closely with our lead software architect. We believe in agile development processes and iterative, fast deployments.
You will enjoy a versatile set of tasks and contribute substantially to the success of Coreon.
What you will do
- Contribute substantially to the development and deployment of our innovative solution for multilingual knowledge graphs
- Work closely with lead software architect
- Design and deliver rock-solid production-ready code in a test-driven development context
- Analysis, design and development of the Coreon Cloud operations
- Monitoring and 3rd level support
What we look for
- Computer science or similar educational background
- Sound knowledge in data structuring and representation languages (xml, json, yaml) as well as transport vehicles (RESTful APIs)
- Hands on experience in Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge in network technologies, protocols
- Familiar with Git or similar version control / branching methods
- Good knowledge in both German and English
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated work attitude
- Reliable and structured work approach
What would be nice to have
- Experience in document databases, MongoDB
- Familiar with Linux OS
- Instead of “only” computing numbers, you already got familiar with processing strings, with the challenges of multilingual data processing
- Experience in multilingual text indexing technologies (Lucene, Solr, Elastic)
- Familiar with graph processing
- Ability to work in an international, multicultural environment
- Interested and enthusiastic about new trends in DevOps / Cloud
- Fan of agile processes and iterative software deployment